Twitter has revealed a couple of great features to help creators make money from their Twitter activity by leveraging their following. First is the capacity for users to charge their followers in exchange for access to extra content material â€“ Super Follows. The second is to form and join groups as per your interests. These changes are among Twitter’s most significant in a long time, and they also fit in with popular and effective patterns on other social networks.
Extra tweets, a subscription to a newsletter, or a badge indicating your support are all examples of chargeable content. In a mockup screenschot, Twitter confirmed a scenario in which an individual pays $4.99 per month to receive a series of benefits.
introducing Super Followsâ€”a paid monthly subscription that supports your favorite people on Twitter AND gets you access to ::puts sunglasses on:: super Tweets
rolling out in US and Canada on iOS only â€¦ ðŸ˜ for now pic.twitter.com/Mb9sgxbw5F
— Super Follows (@SuperFollows) September 1, 2021
However, not everyone is qualified to attach ‘Super Follows’ to their accounts. It’s suitable for users who:
- Have a base of 10,000 followers. Less than that is not qualified.
- Tweet every day! If not, then there’s no way to have a Super Follows for their account. There should be at least 25 tweets within 30 days.
- Are primarily based entirely within the United States.
- Are at least 18 years old.
If you have fulfilled all the aforementioned requirements, applying for Super Follows is quite straightforward.
- Swipe the screen to the right to bring up a menu in the Twitter app. “Monetization” near the bottom of that menu should be tapped.
- After that, select “Super Follows” from the drop-down menu.
- This will link you to a page that describes how Super Follows functions and the benefits of monetizing your Twitter account.
- Tap “Check eligibility” at the bottom of the screen to be sent to a screen that tells you whether or not you qualify. If this is the case, you should select “Apply” from the drop-down menu.
- You must confirm that you are 18 years old or older, complete your profile, and enable two-factor authentication for your Twitter account.
- From then on, Twitter will ask you what type of content you’ll be creating, such as art, parody, or gaming. It might also inquire about the many platforms you’re using, such as Twitch, Facebook, Instagram and OnlyFans.
- Finally, the app asks that you explain how you plan to use Super Follows. Candidates can also complete an “About you” profile by stating their sexual orientation and nationality, although these are not required.
- Users hit “Submit application” after they’ve filled the application.
In recent years, creators have increasingly relied on online platforms and tools to monetize their work. Twitter may take a portion â€” the business has been hinting at subscriptions as a possible revenue stream â€” but it doesn’t appear to have specified what proportion it will take. According to Twitter, users who apply for Super Follows will be needed to be on the shortlist. Users who have their applications accepted will be able to choose between a $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99 monthly price.
You can identify each tweet as either for everyday fans or paying followers if you have a Super Follows account. By clicking the purple-tinted Super Follows’ symbol, your followers may be qualified to join. This brings the conversation to a close. This might quickly turn into a lucrative source of income for you.